April 11, 2017
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, April 11th, 2017 at the Village Offices with no guest present.
Trustees Present: Angie Lefeld, Elizabeth Wenning, Kylie Lange, Keith Selhorst, Mindy Schwieterman, Kerri Lauber, Brittany Uhlenhake, Kim Rammel, Janel Schulte, and Eric Thomas.
President Angie Lefeld called the meeting to order at 7:31 a.m.
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst. The 2017 Budget Proposal was provided to the trustees, with changes made from last meeting. Keith also presented the 2017 Banquet Income/Expense Report. Discussion was made about possibly raising price for meal to $15 or not to charge at all. Keith also noted that the Coldwater After Prom Donation was not made before prom but he is looking into still giving our donation since it was in our budget. After a discussion, the reports were motioned for approval by Mindy Schwieterman and seconded by Brittany Uhlenhake. Motion carried.
- Checking Balance – $31,271.45
- Gift Certificate Balance – $10,685.97
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the March trustee meeting were provided prior to the meeting date and handed out by Secretary, Kylie Lange. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion by Kim Rammel and seconded by Mindy Schwieterman.
- Memberships – Angie Lefeld, Elizabeth Wenning & Keith Selhorst will serve on this committee to continue to approach new businesses to join or continue their memberships. We have 31 unpaid members from last year, 6 are local businesses which Keith is going to reach out to them one more time to see if interested in renewing their memberships. Keith made a motion to remove the unpaid members from the active list if they don’t pay their 2017 dues. The motion was approved by Janel Schulte and seconded by Kerri Lauber. Motion carried.
- Website/Social Media- President Angie Lefeld had previously spoke to Becca Wenning and she is going to work on getting a Facebook post regarding the leadership class and businesses can be entered to be in our drawling. Becca is also going to put together a survey to see who wants to keep Chamber gift certificates.
- Banner Update – President Angie Lefeld informed the trustees that she is working on getting new members added to our banner before the Taste of the Town in June.
- Taste of the Town- Date has been set for June 6th, 2017. Kerri Lauber is the chairperson of this event and she informed the trustees that the letters have been sent out to vendors. Hunger Struck who is a new member would like to participate this year. On the evening of April 20th there will be a meeting in the village offices for vendors. This will give the printing company plenty of time to print up menus and get prices together. The meeting is scheduled later this year to elimiate the second meeting for vendors.
- Leadership Class – Discussion was made to send Vice President, Liz Wenning to the leadership class. We will be doing a raffle to send another representative. Becca will be sending an email to members on how to participate in the raffle.
- Shirts – Angie Lefeld and Liz Wenning are continuing to look into shirt options. Liz is going to get some styles and prices together for the May meeting.
- Hometown Christmas – Andy Kremer (past trustee) has emailed Becca Wenning that Preferred Insurance, insures a train. We had previously discussed getting a train for Hometown Christmas to bring people to the mall from downtown. It is 3 cars long and usually holds 15-22 people. Keith Selhorst is going to contact Andy to get some more information. They charge $150 an hour for the train and someone to drive it. Years past we paid $500 for carriage ride and $350 for pony rides.
- SOCCA – Angie Lefeld received a flyer from Micki on a discount businesses can take advantage of for drug cards. Angie was going to have Becca send the flyer out with member find me.
President Angie Lefeld adjourned the meeting at 8:03 AM. The motion to end the meeting was approved by Mindy Schwieterman and seconded by Brittany Albers.
Save the Dates:
Taste Of The Town – June 6th, 2017
Hometown Christmas – November 19th, 2017
Chamber Banquet – February 21st, 2018
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON TUESDAY, MAY 9, 2017 AT 7:30 AM AT THE VILLAGE OFFICES.