MINUTES – May 14th, 2019
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at the Village Offices.
Trustees Present: Janel Schulte, Brad Niekamp, Keith Selhorst, Leah Koesters, Keith Kessen, Jason Wood, Brittany Uhlenhake, Megan Stull, Jack Schwegman, Nathan Burtch, Gina Hess, & Eric Thomas
President Janel Schulte called the meeting to order at 7:30 A.M.
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst. Keith S. reviewed the April 2019 Income and Expenses. April’s income was $443.88 and Expenses were $1,289.00. The reports were motioned for approval by Jack Schwegman and seconded by Jason Wood. Motion carried.
- Checking Balance – $26,946.38
- Gift Certificate Balance – $13,897.54
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the April meeting were provided prior to the meeting date by Secretary Keith Kessen and reviewed by the Chamber trustee members. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion to approve by Brittany Uhlenhake and seconded by Jack Schwegman. Motion carried.
. Committee Reports
- Membership- We have three new Chamber Members – 1. Vineyard of Evergreen Farms 2. Women in Business 3. Hazelnut Coffee Company. Janel and Brad will bring them a chamber plaque.
- Website/Social Media – Leah Koesters suggested setting up a Monday Member Spotlight which will recognize new members giving potential members an incentive to joining.
- Banner Update of New Members- Janel Schulte asked if banners were available this year or if they need reprinted to showcase the Chamber members on the banner. Eric mentioned he didn’t think banners were getting printed this year.
- Quarterly “Charlie Chats” – Brand It Marketing is willing to host seminar about social media and marketing for Chamber businesses. Janel and Leah Koesters to send out survey to see if businesses have any interest in attending this course.
- Taste of The Town Updates- Committee members will work on developing menus from vendors. Vendors include: Briarwood, Southside, Calico Cafe, Romers Catering, McSobers, Chiefs, Rays Dairyland, McDonalds, Hazelnut Coffee Company, Pla mor Lanes, Kiwanas K burgers, Buzzards Glory Community Club, Vineyard at Evergreen Farms, Tailspin, & Moeller Brew Barn.
- Business Week Camp– Jason Wood asked the trustee members if John Yoder & Michelle Clune had a student in mind for Ohio Business Week Camp. Janel mentioned that Michelle reached out to the guidance counselors at Coldwater, and they did not have anyone as of now, but are still looking for a student. Janel will stay in touch with John Yoder and Michelle Clune.
- Mercer County Leadership Class of 2019-2020– Leah Koesters plans on attending on behalf of the Chamber.
- Business After Hours Event- Janel reported that the event went well with 16 teams participating and 12 businesses. Janel also mentioned that Pla Mor Lanes plans on doing a similar Putt Putt Golf event in the fall. Thanks to all the businesses that participated and to Pla Mor for hosting!
- Sun Screenings- Dermascan Screenings will be at the Mercer Health West Campus on May 17th from 11AM-1PM.
- Where’s Charlie– Brad Niekamp talked with Matt Shroer and mentioned the mini Charlie statue would cost $125 to produce. Brad said some businesses are showing interest. Brad thinks $125 is worth the price for the event. The Chamber approved to move forward with this. Brad will stay in touch with businesses.
- Coldwater Parade- Janel asked if there were any willing trustees to participate in the parade this year on behalf of the Chamber. Keith S mentioned we have until June to enter a parade float participant. Thus far no willing participants, but we will revisit this in June.
- Unpaid Chamber Members- Keith S. brought up that the Chamber still has 11 unpaid members from last year. Four of these are not in the area. One member, Central Softwater, is in transition and will likely stay a member of the Chamber.
Jack Schwegman motioned to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Gina Hess.
President Janel Schulte adjourned the meeting at 7:50.A.M.
Save the Dates:
Dermascan Screenings- May 17, 2019 (11AM-1PM)
Taste of the Town – June 4th, 2019 (5PM-10PM)
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON JUNE 11, 2019 AT 7:30 AM. AT THE COLDWATER VILLAGE OFFICES.