MINUTES – August 13th , 2019
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at the Village Offices.
Trustees Present: Janel Schulte, Brad Niekamp, Keith Selhorst, Leah Koesters, Keith Kessen, Jason Wood, Brittany Uhlenhake, Amber Evers, Megan Stull, Jack Schwegman & Eric Thomas
President Janel Schulte called the meeting to order at 7:30 A.M.
Guests: Michelle Clune Owner of Pivot Digital Solutions gave a great presentation and discussed a few services that Pivot offers. Pivot offers automation and systematic approaches in accounting, social media, workflow, and sales among others.
Stacy Vorhees Owner/Operator for Coldwater McDonalds gave the Chamber an update on McDonalds demo/ new construction. Stacy said that the construction should take roughly 90 days. McDonalds will be closed for 2 weeks after construction in order for the crew to transfer equipment from existing to new.
The new McDonalds will feature a larger kitchen for their workers and larger space in general as well. Some features will include a play area and creative design area for kids. Another improvement will be new technological features including kiosks and online ordering. Stacy also thinks delivery will be an option in the near future via DoorDash, UberEats, or similar.
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst. Keith S. reviewed the July 2019 Income and Expenses. July income was $334.52 Expenses were $872.74. The reports were motioned for approval by Jason Wood and seconded by Megan Stull. Motion carried.
o Checking Balance – $25,741.86
o Gift Certificate Balance – $14,107.54
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the July meeting were provided prior to the meeting by Secretary Keith Kessen and reviewed by the Chamber trustee members. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion to approve by Jack Schwegmen and seconded by Brittany Uhlenhake. Motion carried.
- Membership- One renewal 1. Klenke’s Trash Service
- Website/Social Media – Things are going well. Leah will continue to post about Hometown Christmas on November 17th.
- Lemonade Stand- Everyone contributing to the Lemonade stand at this years’ picnic thought it went well.
- Chamber Leadership Class- Leah Koesters is still planning on participating.
- Where’s Charlie– Brad suggested to begin Where’s Charlie in January after things calm a bit after Christmas. Brad will compile an informative flier to bring to businesses and discuss this event with interested parties.
- Hometown Christmas – Chamber to pass out the Christmas Passports in the next upcoming months. The Christmas passports will take the place of the previous gift baskets given out. A date was selected for Hometown Christmas. It will be held November 17, 2019. Janel was made aware by a community member that date does fall on confirmation, however the Chamber did decide to move forward with the date.
- Chamber 2020 banquet– This years’ banquet will be held on February 12, 2020
Brittany Uhlenhake motioned to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Jack Schwegman.
President Janel Schulte adjourned the meeting at 8:11. A.M.
Save the Dates:
HOMETOWN CHRISTMAS: NOVEMBER 17, 2019
CHAMBER BANQUET: FEBRUARY 12, 2020
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON SEPTEMBER 10, 2019 AT 7:30 AM. AT THE COLDWATER VILLAGE OFFICES.