MINUTES – August 14th, 2018
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, August 14th, 2018 at the Village Offices with no guest present.
Trustees Present: Elizabeth Wenning, Janel Schulte, Kylie Lange, Keith Selhorst, Mindy Schwieterman, Sher Stahl, Brad Niekamp, Jason Wood, Brittany Uhlenhake, Amber Evers, Nathan Burtch & Eric Thomas.
President Liz Wenning called the meeting to order at 7:31 a.m.
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst, not much activity this month.
The reports were motioned for approval by Sher Stahl and seconded by Brad Niekamp. Motion carried.
- Checking Balance – $23,364.13
- Gift Certificate Balance – $13,025.04
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the July meeting were provided prior to the meeting date and handed out by Secretary, Kylie Lange. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion by Jason Wood and seconded by Mindy Schwieterman. Motion carried.
. Committee Reports
- Website – Brad is going to double check the trustee’s list. It was brought to our attention that some of the trustee’s names are not listed. If anyone has items to share or post on Facebook, please email Charlie (email@example.com)
- Parade – Everything ran smooth, many people liked the items we were handing out which was coozies, frisbees and sunglasses purchased from Totally Promotional.
- Lemonade Stand – Brittany Uhlenhake will be the chair next year. Saturday’s first shift could have less people, a lot of standing around was done once lemonade was filled. Suggested by both late shift workers to stop shift at 10 PM instead of 11 PM on both nights, very little activity after 10 PM.
- Hometown Christmas – Event will be held on Sunday, November 18th. Keith confirmed he has the ponies and train reserved. Decided that this year instead of lining up the band or someone to sing that we would just play music across downtown speakers. It is difficult to hear, and this would eliminate having a sound system set up for microphones. Liz Wenning also received a suggestion to possibly do tours of homes for the open house. We believe this is not in the chamber’s mission to set up and line up tours of homes.
- Banquet – Event will be held on February 13th, 2019. Kylie has contacted Marcia Homan and the date is reserved at the American Legion. Kylie is going to start working with Mercer Color to get changes made on invites and programs. Liz Wenning is going to confirm with Romer’s & Calico that they have the date reserved for a meal and desserts.
- Leadership Conference – we will not be sending anyone this year
- Moorman & Hartings Financial Review – An audit was done on our books. Everything came back clean and looked good. Only suggestion was to have documentation for the payment to vendors for the Taste of Town. This is difficult because we use the ticket system to know how much each vendor profits. The financial review was approved with a motion by Jason Wood and seconded by Amber Evers. Motion carried.
- Coldwater Robotics Sponsorship – Liz received an email from Tanner Muhlenkamp about the Coldwater Robotics Sponsorship. They asked to speak to the committee to present what they do and how it benefits their academics. Jason Wood is going to contact group and bring them in for a presentation at the September meeting to review the sponsorship.
- Kip Wright/Wright State Lake Campus – Kip spoke with Eric Thomas about Coldwater Chamber sponsoring a “move in” bag for the Wright State Lake Campus students. The Celina Area Chamber does this for the fall move in, so the Coldwater Area Chamber may do a “Welcome Back” bag in January once they return from break. Would ask local Coldwater businesses to donate items or coupons that the students can use for their academics or place of business. Suggestions are highlighters and pens, food coupons and possibly information for summer employment. Eric is going to ask Kip to join us for our September meeting to present more information and then we can contact area businesses.
- Taste of Town – The Date is set for June 4th, 2019. Eric Thomas was going to get the band lined up for next year. Thoughts are to move the tents up a little closer to stage & bathroom area. Food would be served closer to where the food tent is at for the picnic and off the road which would open more parking. Disadvantage is vendors would have to cart their food and supplies further. Sher Stahl is going to reach out to a few vendors about their thoughts.
Mindy Schwieterman motioned to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Brittany Uhlenhake. President Liz Wenning adjourned the meeting at 7:57 AM.
Save the Dates:
Hometown Christmas – November 18th, 2018
Chamber Banquet – February 13th, 2019
Taste of the Town – June 4th, 2019
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON SEPTEMBER 11TH, 2018 AT 7:30 AM AT THE VILLAGE OFFICES.