The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, August 10th, 2021 at the Village Offices with no guest present.
Trustees Present: Keith Kessen, Jason Wood, Kirstie Miller, Gina Hess, Michelle Clune, Kylie Thwaits, and Eric Thomas
President Keith Kessen called the meeting to order at 7:32 A.M.
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Kylie Thwaits. The reports for July were motioned for approval by Jason Wood and seconded by Gina Hess. Motion carried.
- Checking account balance as of July 31,2021= $31,553.27
- Gift Certificate Balance as of July 31, 2021 – $18,885.04
- Secretary’s Report– The minutes from the July meeting were provided prior to the meeting by President Keith Kessen. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion by Kirstie Miller and seconded by Michelle Clune. Motion carried.
- New Members= 1. Pennyjane Art Co. 2. Cavalier Nutrition
- Michelle C mentioned about possibly sending post card to new or potential members that gives the members more info about the Chamber.
- Website/ Social Media
- Amy continues to post on social media on a regular basis
- Picnic Lemonade Stand
- All thought the Lemonade stand went well. Gina H. made the suggestion about possibly making the first shift Sunday an hour earlier. She mentioned there was a line forming when her shift began at 3:00PM. Maybe begin at 2 or 2:30 for year 2022.
- Where’s Charlie
- Where’s Charlie was placed at Pennyjane Art Co. for the month of August and will be placed at a different business each month with December being last month.
- Hometown Christmas
- Date set for Sunday, November 21st, 2021
- Kirstie M mentioned the Santa Scurry 5K that Briarwood holds will be set on the same date.
- Jungle Island Zoo is tentatively scheduled to provide reindeer again.
- Lininger Pony Rides out of St.Marys was mentioned to provide pony rides
- Gina Hess to be Chair for Hometown Christmas along with Kirstie Miller, and Bryce Schlater are committee members.
- Gina to reach out to past trustees about organizing event, and find out about train rides.
- Discussion was made to do a few chamber gift certificate drawing at the event.
- 2022 Chamber Banquet
- Date tentatively set for Wednesday, February 9tht, 2022
- COVID was briefly discussed and as of now we plan on moving forward with the banquet.
- New Member plaques
- Keith ordered new plaques for the Chamber.
- Invoice will be sent when all plaques arrive.
Gina Hess motioned to adjourn the meeting and it was seconded by Kirstie Miller. President Keith Kessen adjourned the meeting at 8:09 AM.
Save the Dates:
Hometown Christmas –Sunday November 21th, 2021
2022 Chamber Banquet- Wednesday February 9th, 2022
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON SEPTEMBER 14th, 2021 AT 7:30 AM. AT THE COLDWATER VILLAGE OFFICES.