MINUTES – December 10th, 2019
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, December 10, 2019 at the Village Offices.
Trustees Present: Janel Schulte, Brad Niekamp, Keith Selhorst, Leah Koesters, Keith Kessen, Jason Wood, Brittany Uhlenhake, Megan Stull, Nathan Burtch, Gina Hess & Eric Thomas
President Janel Schulte called the meeting to order at 7:30 A.M.
Guests: No guest present
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst. Keith S. reviewed the November 2019 Income and Expenses. November income was $416.96. Expenses were $1,841.00. The reports were motioned for approval by Jack Wood and seconded by Gina Hess. Motion carried.
o Checking Balance – $26,273.03
o Gift Certificate Balance – $15,557.54
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the November meeting were provided prior to the meeting by Secretary Keith Kessen and reviewed by the Chamber trustee members. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion to approve by Brittany Uhlenhake and seconded by Megan Stull. Motion carried.
- Membership- One new member. Ohio Realtors Association
- Website/Social Media – Leah to continue to work on website/ social media will continue to post Holiday events.
- Santa House- Expense of $2,629.33 noted for new ramp to make Santa House ADA compliant. Ramp expense was approved by Jason Wood and seconded by Leah Koesters. Motion carried. Squires are still collecting toys for kids. Wondering if a bin for donated toys is still within Santa House. Brad N. or Keith K will contact Buzzards to check to see if the toy bin is still available for donations to include it within the Santa House.
- Hometown Christmas –Santa came on a truck this year. Buzzards may need to consider looking into a new Santa, so he could continue to go on a fire truck, like in the years past. Brad said there were about 25 entries from kids and about 50 from adults for the Santa Express event. Brad also mentioned we may need to look into a larger place to display the prizes next year. Next year the Chamber Trustees discussed having Hometown Christmas November 22nd, 2020 which is the Sunday before Thanksgiving to keep it consistent.
- Composting for Coldwater (Robotics Club)- Chamber made a $250 donation to the Coldwater Robotics team for their community improvement composting project.
- Chamber 2020 banquet– This years’ banquet will be held on February 12, 2020 at American Legion. The hall is booked, desserts and meal are all confirmed. Tickets will $15/ ticket like last year. Award nominations will be sent out online. Please fill these out if you have someone that deserves an award.
- New Trustees– Janel has someone from Briarwood lined up to become a Chamber Trustee. Brittany said Scott Gels has shown interest. McDonald’s will also send a representative as a trustee. Brad N. will become President and Keith K will become VP. Keith S. will continue as treasurer. Leah K to continue with Social Media/ Website. Chamber will need a secretary for next year.
- Performance Physical Therapy & Wellness– Having an open house and Chamber Trustee members are invited. Private open house for Chamber Trustees takes place December 12th, 2019 at 5:30PM- 7:30PM. Public Open House will be on Sunday, December 15th. They are located at 216 West Main St. Coldwater.
- Chamber Picture– Janel mentioned next meeting we’ll be taking a photo of the Chamber Trustee group. Please attend if you can.
- Where’s Charlie Plaque– Brad will begin looking into this more. It was mentioned that the Chamber will do the advertising for this and have the businesses have the giveaway. Chamber will need to finalize budget and grand prizes soon. $1500 was mentioned as budget for this.
- Nathan Burtch motioned to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Brittany Uhlenhake.
President Janel Schulte adjourned the meeting at 8:01 A.M.
Save the Dates:
CHAMBER BANQUET: FEBRUARY 12, 2020
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON January 14, 2020 AT 7:30 AM. AT THE COLDWATER VILLAGE OFFICES.