MINUTES – December 13th, 2016
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, December 13th, 2016 at the Village Offices.
Trustees Present: Beth Butler, Angie Lefeld, Keith Selhorst, Mindy Schwieterman, Kerri Lauber, Kylie Lange, Bob Hibner, Becca Wenning, Andy Kremer, Jason Wood, Liz Wenning, and Eric Thomas.
President Beth Butler called the meeting to order at 7:33 a.m.
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst. Discussion included finding a way to automatically generate invoices for chamber dues and other chamber invoices. Becca will reach out and touch base with Tomorrow’s Technology Today who provides the other tech services for the chamber. Treasure report approved with a motioned by Bob Hibner and seconded by Kylie Lefeld. Motion carried.
- Checking Balance – $25,038.86
- Gift Certificate Balance – $11,217.52
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the November trustee meeting provided prior to the meeting date and handed out by Secretary, Liz Wenning. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion by Bob Hibner and seconded by Kylie Lefeld.
- Membership- There will be four outgoing positions on the chamber with Beth Butler, Bob Hibner, Andy Kremer, and Jason Wood’s terms ending. Discussion around potential new members. A message will go out to all members to see if there is interest.
- Website/Social Media- Recent issues with the website have been resolved with the help from Tomorrow’s Technology Today.
- Hometown Christmas- Discussion began of ways to improve upon the Hometown Christmas including ways to better unite the downtown as well as the mall area. The possibility of free carriage rides crossing town via Vine Street was collaborated upon. Future ideas include having the local daycare children make ornaments for the Santa house and a window decoration contest for businesses to take part in.
- Banquet- The American Legion Hall has been reserved for 2/15/2017. The recommendations for award winners will be sent to area businesses prior to the end of the 2016-year allowing the chamber time to vote on winners. The addition of a Youth in Action award to be nominated for this year to help spotlight a local youth who displays commitment to the community through work or volunteerism.
- Taste of the Town- Date has been set for June 6th, 2017.
- Website/By-laws- Ongoing discussion of compensation for the position of social media coordinator on the chamber due to the amount of work that is put in. The Board agreed to look into addendum the bylaws to include compensation to this position for social media.
- Pictures – Will be done at the January meeting.
- Ohio Department of Veteran Services- A rep reach out to the chamber in regards to the promoting of veterans in the workforce. This resource information will be distributed to the chamber members. Discussion included him giving a short presentation at the upcoming chamber banquet.
- Spike’s K9 Fund- Jason Lewis, a former Navy seal, gives presentations to raise funds for K9 vest. This is not a priority at this time.
- Buzzard’s Glory Community Club- a donation of a $50 gift certificate will be donated to the Buzzard’s Glory for the winners of the Christmas lights contest with the motion by Andy Kremer, second by Bob Hibner.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:00 am with a motion from Kylie Lange, seconded by Jason Wood.
Save the Dates:
Chamber Banquet – February 15th, 2017
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON JANUARY 10TH, 2017 AT 7:30 AM.