MINUTES – January 9th, 2018
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, January 9th, 2018 at the Village Offices with no guest present.
Trustees Present: Angie Lefeld, Liz Wenning, Kylie Lange, Keith Selhorst, Mindy Schwieterman, Kerri Lauber, Sher Stahl, Becca Wenning, Jason Wood, Brittany Uhlenhake, Janel Schulte, and Eric Thomas.
President Angie Lefeld called the meeting to order at 7:30 a.m.
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst. The main income this month was renewal of member dues. The main expense this month was for the Christmas banners from Mercer Color that hung downtown on light poles. Keith also reviewed the 2017 budget, which we were under budget even with our unplanned expenses like the Christmas banners & brackets for Veteran banners. The reports were motioned for approval by Mindy Schwieterman and seconded by Rebecca Wenning. Motion carried.
- Checking Balance – $22,480.26
- Gift Certificate Balance – $13,846.04
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the December meeting were provided prior to the meeting date and handed out by Secretary, Kylie Lange. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion by Jason Wood and seconded by Kerri Lauber. Motion carried.
- Membership – Stammen Insurance is now a new member. Angie was going to meet with them to have a picture taken. It was brought up a new business was placed downtown, Kylie was going to contact them to see if they were interested in joining the Chamber.
- Website/Social Media – Becca was going to send out email this week for members to nominate business for awards at the banquet. She is also going to start showcasing the videos of local businesses with the “Buggy”.
- Banquet – The date is planned for February 21st, 2018. Angie has contacted Marcia Homan at the American Legion to reserve the date. Calico Café will be donating the desserts again this year. Kylie has contacted Mercer Color and approved the invites for banquet, waiting for them to be printed. Once they are printed, going to stuff and mail them as soon as possible.
- New Trustees – Nominees for trustee are: Brad Neikamp from the CA Group, Jack Schwegman from Lefeld Welding and Nathan Burtch from Mercer Health. Amber Evers from Simply Natural Aromatherapy will be replacing Kim Rammel as a trustee. Amber will be serving the rest of Kim’s term of 2 years.
- New Officers – Janel Schulte agreed to be a nominee for Vice President for the upcoming year. Liz Wenning will move up to President, as Angie Lefelds term is expiring. Kylie Lange & Keith Selhorst agreed to remain in their positions if elected.
- Review Nominations – Whoever is available to meet on February 6th at Southside at 6 pm, we will be reviewing the nominations for banquet awards.
Brittany Uhlenhake motioned to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Janel Schulte. President Angie Lefeld adjourned the meeting at 8:02 AM.
Save the Dates:
Chamber Banquet – February 21st, 2018
Taste Of The Town – June 5th, 2018
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON FEBRUARY 21, 2018 AT 7:00 PM. AT THE COLDWATER AMERICAN LEGION POST #470.