MINUTES Januray 14th, 2020
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at the Village Offices.
Trustees Present: Janel Schulte, Brad Niekamp, Keith Selhorst, Leah Koesters, Keith Kessen, Jason Wood, Brittany Uhlenhake, Amber Evers, Megan Stull, Jack Schwegman, Nathan Burtch, Gina Hess & Eric Thomas
President Janel Schulte called the meeting to order at 7:30 A.M.
Guests: No guest present
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst. Keith S. reviewed the December 2019 Income and Expenses. December income was $3,782.28. Expenses were $5,730.38. The reports were motioned for approval by Gina Hess and seconded by Jack Schwegman. Motion carried.
o Checking Balance – $24,324.93
o Gift Certificate Balance – $15,557.54
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the December meeting were provided prior to the meeting by Secretary Keith Kessen and reviewed by the Chamber trustee members. One revision was needed for a name correction of Jason from Jack. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion to approve by Gina Hess and seconded by Nathan Burch. Motion carried.
- Membership- No new members
- Website/Social Media – Leah to continue to work on website/ social media. Will begin posting Where’s Charlie info in February.
- Christmas Lights/ Santa House- Chamber to look into possibly replacing or adding to existing Christmas Décor on the street pole lights along Main and Second Streets. Chamber looking to create a committee to discuss further. Chamber to look into this more in March of 2020 when 2020 budget is finalized.
- Chamber 2020 banquet– This years’ banquet will be held on February 12, 2020 at American Legion. Invites and RSVP’s have been sent out. Discussion was brought about if the Chamber wanted to pay for trustee’s banquet meals as a thanks for service. Many meals are already paid for by their companies, so it was finalized to let the individual decide on whether they will pay or let the Chamber pay. Setup for the event will begin at 3:30PM for Chamber trustees to setup. Doors open at 6PM.
- New Trustees– Scott Gels with Community Sports & Therapy, Lindsey Meyer with McDonalds, Ryan Douglas with Briarwood Village. Jason Wood’s term expired but will serve another three years as the Schools rep.
- Award Nominations review– Chamber trustee members to meet Tuesday morning January 28th to discuss and decide on award nominations at the Village Hall.
Jack Schwegman motioned to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Amber Evers.
President Janel Schulte adjourned the meeting at 7:55 A.M.
Save the Dates:
CHAMBER BANQUET: FEBRUARY 12, 2020
THE NEXT MEETING IS TUESDAY JANUARY 28TH @ 7:30AM AT THE VILLAGE HALL TO DISCUSS AWARD NOMINATIONS.
THE NEXT OFFICIAL CHAMBER BUSINESS MEETING WILL BE DURING THE BANQUET ON FEBRUARY 12TH , 2020