MINUTES – January 12th, 2021
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held the monthly meeting at the Village Offices on
Tuesday January 13, 2021 at 7:30am.
Trustees Present: Brad Niekamp, Keith Kessen, Keith Selhorst, Morgan Bechtol, Nathan Burtch,
Eric Thomas, Jack Schwegman, Amy Spriggs, Kirstie Miller
New Trustees Present:
- Morgan Bechtol- McDonalds
- Stacy Vorhees – McDonalds
- Treasurer’s Report – was presented by Keith Selhorst. The reports were motioned to approve by Jack Schwegman and seconded by Nathan Burtch.
- December Income: $3,350.73
- December Expenses: $2,740.20
- Checking balance as of December 31, 2020: $25,824.83
- Gift Certificate balance as of November 30, 2020: $17,512.54
- Secretary’s Report – n/a
- Membership Ongoing
- Website/Social Media
- Amy Spriggs to continue posting info about the Chamber. Will post the banquet award nominations and speeches once configured.
- Pole Mounted Christmas Lights
- Brad brought up discussions about possibly having Lefeld Welding produce a snowflake decoration with an LED light display. This is something we’ll need to discuss this upcoming year.
- VIRTUAL 2021 Banquet –
- Award nominations were reviewed and approved by the Chamber. Chamber members will begin contacting the award winners and schedule a time to present the award virtually. Currently is stands we will present virtually on Feb.2nd between 2-5PM
- New Trustees – New trustees were mentioned again for 2021 and they include:
- John Dingledine – Mercer Health
- Michelle Clune – PIVOT
- Kylie Thwaits—The Peoples Bank (potential treasurer)
- 4 TH T.B.D.
- Brief discussions were made about the potential of appointing a business director to the Chamber. Potential responsibilities would include, treasurer, secretary , and maybe provide some other social duties and leg work.
Nathan Burtch motioned to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Jack Schwegman.
President Brad Niekamp adjourned the meeting at 8:27 A.M.
Save the Dates:
February 2nd 2021 Virtual Banquet
THE NEXT CHAMBER BUSINESS MEETING WILL ON TUESDAY MARCH 9TH , 2021 @ 7:30 AM AT THE VILLAGE OFFICES.