MINUTES July 13, 2021
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held the monthly meeting at the Village Offices on Tuesday July 13, 2021 at 7:32am.
Trustees Present: Keith Kessen, Megan Stull, Jon Dingledine, Eric Thomas, Gina Hess, Kylie Thwaits, Stacy Schwieterman, Jason Wood, Amy Spriggs, and Michelle Clune.
- No Guests
- Treasurer’s Report – was presented by Kylie Thwaits. The reports were motioned to approve by Jason Wood and seconded by Jon Dingledine
- Checking balance as of June 30, 2021: $30,458.49
- Gift Certificate balance as of June 30, 2021: $19,680.04
- Secretary’s Report – minutes from the June 8, 2021 were presented by Jon Dingledine. The
minutes were motioned to approve by Stacy Schwieterman and seconded by Gina Hess.
- Discussing membership with Penny Jane Art .
- Turquoise Door Boutique has requested information be sent to them.
- There are (3) businesses who have not paid for their 2021 membership yet. Kylie and Jon were going to follow-up.
- Website/Social Media
- Amy Spriggs continues to post updates to the website and on social media. We do seem to have more engagement than usual.
- Taste of the Town
- Keith Kessen provided a recap on the event. Overall, things seemed to operate really well. Many compliments were received regarding the new set-up. Need to make sure we have more water next year. A motion was made by Michelle Clune to provide Imperial Tent with a $100 gift certificate for all their efforts. This was seconded by Jason Wood.
- Mercer County Leadership Class
- Amy Spriggs and Michelle Clune are set to participate in the program from September 2021 through June 2022.
- Where’s Charlie
- Keith Kessen discussed beginning in August.
- Coldwater Picnic
- Sign-up sheet for Lemonade Stand was passed out.
- Discussion was had around possibly doing a “Business Bingo”, where participants would get credit for visiting/purchasing something from a local business. We will target a Spring/Summer 2022 timeframe. Jon Dingledine was going to get more information.
Megan Stull motioned to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Jason Wood. President Keith Kessen adjourned the meeting at 7:52 A.M.
THE NEXT CHAMBER BUSINESS MEETING WILL ON TUESDAY August 10, 2021 @ 7:30 AM AT THE VILLAGE OFFICES.