MINUTES – June 11th, 2019
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at the Village Offices.
Trustees Present: Janel Schulte, Brad Niekamp, Keith Selhorst, Leah Koesters, Keith Kessen, Jason Wood, Brittany Uhlenhake, Jack Schwegman, Nathan Burtch, Gina Hess, & Eric Thomas
President Janel Schulte called the meeting to order at 7:30 A.M.
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst. Keith S. reviewed the May 2019 Income and Expenses. May income was $1,574.94 with the Taste of The Town Income coming in at $1,100.00. Expenses were $1,408.00. The reports were motioned for approval by Jack Schwegman and seconded by Jason Wood. Motion carried.
- Checking Balance – $27,113.32
- Gift Certificate Balance – $13,897.54
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the April meeting were provided prior to the meeting by Secretary Keith Kessen and reviewed by the Chamber trustee members. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion to approve by Gina Hess and seconded by Jason Wood. Motion carried.
. Committee Reports
- Membership- We have four new Chamber Members – 1. Crumplers Concessions 2. CDT Trucking 3. Hazelnut Coffee Company 4. Manta Media. Janel and Brad will bring them a chamber plaque. The subject was brought up by Keith S. about possibly creating a list of potential members so that the Chamber members could approach and keep track of potential new business memberships.
- Website/Social Media – Leah Koesters mentioned the Taste of Town giveaway was completed.
- Quarterly “Charlie Chats” – Will continue to work on Charlie Chats.
- Taste of The Town Recap- Janel mentioned sending out a survey via Survey Monkey to get feedback from the vendors. This will provide feedback to the Chamber about potential improvements for future Taste of the Town events. Many of the committee members heard positive feedback regarding the event. A few concerns that were brought up were below:
- Keith K mentioned he heard some complain about not selling all beverages in one location.
- Janel mentioned she heard a community member complain about not all areas were wheelchair accessible and not enough seating.
- Eric mentioned he heard some complaints about a vendor not getting enough electrical feed to cook the food.
- Trustees to look into the concerns and weigh options for the future events.
- Business Week Camp– Janel mentioned no students are willing to attend this year. Chamber to look into this again next year.
- Mercer County Leadership Class of 2019-2020– Leah Koesters still plans on attending on behalf of the Chamber.
- Sun Screenings- Dermascan Screenings were held at the Mercer Health West Campus on May 17th. Janel mentioned there were about a handful of people whom got the screenings completed.
- Where’s Charlie– Brad Niekamp talked with Matt Shroer and Matt is working on the Charlie statue.
- Lemonade Stand at the Coldwater Picnic- Chamber is in charge of making the lemonade for the lemonade stand at the Coldwater Picnic. Eric suggested that maybe we close the stand at 10 as opposed to 11 like last year. The sign-up sheets were passed around.
- Coldwater Parade- Janel asked if there were any willing trustees to participate in the parade this year on behalf of the Chamber. Thus far no willing participants.
- Pivot Solutions- Michelle Clune- Janel mentioned that Michelle Clune contacted her regarding providing the Chamber with digital marketing solutions. It was suggested by Keith S. that maybe the better option would be if Michelle Clune went to business owners directly to see if their businesses could benefit instead.
Jack Schwegman motioned to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Jason Wood.
President Janel Schulte adjourned the meeting at 8:02. A.M.
Save the Dates:
COLDWATER COMMUNITY PICNIC: AUGUST 1- 4, 2019
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON JULY 9, 2019 AT 7:30 AM. AT THE COLDWATER VILLAGE OFFICES.