The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held the monthly meeting at the Village Offices on Tuesday June 8, 2021 at 7:31am.
Trustees Present: Keith Kessen, Megan Stull, Jon Dingledine, Eric Thomas, Gina Hess, Kirstie Miller, , Kylie Thwaits, Stacy Schwieterman, Jason Wood, and Bryce Schlater
- Treasurer’s Report – was presented by Kylie Thwaits. The reports were motioned to approve by Amy Spriggs and seconded by Megan Stull
- Checking balance as of May 28, 2021: $31,071.92
- Gift Certificate balance as of May 28, 2021: $20,245.04
- Secretary’s Report – minutes from the May 11, 2021 were presented by Jon Dingledine. The minutes were motioned to approve by Stacy Schwieterman and seconded by Jason Wood.
- Discussing membership with Penny Jane Art
- Turquoise Door Boutique has expressed interest
Amy Spriggs continues to post updates to the website and on social media. Chamber
Chatter open rate is pretty good.
Taste of the Town
Keith Kessen provided an update on the event, which will be held on June 8th. Much appreciation to Venture Linx for their work in bundling tickets and passing out flyers. The last sign up sheet to work was passed out. Special thanks to Eric Thomas for all his efforts as well.
Pole Mounted Christmas Lights
Brad Niekamp will begin collecting donations in December in an effort to avoid conflict with the Kiwanis Lights in the park.
The Chamber will not be donating to the Kiwanis event.
- Chamber Shirts
- Due to sizing issues, additional Chamber t-shirts were needed to be purchased.
- Jason Wood made a motion to approve the purchase of additional chamber shirts and this was seconded by Jon Dingledine.
- Mercer County Leadership-In-Action Class
- Michelle Clune, Amy Spriggs, and Leah will be attending.
- Where’s Charlie
- Keith Kessen discussed beginning at the sidewalk sales and ending in December. The thought was to have 5 locations and $25 each for winners.
None to report
- Discussion was had around possibly doing a “Business Bingo”, where participants would get credit for visiting/purchasing something from a local business. Jon Dingledine was going to get more information.
Megan Stull motioned to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Kirstie Miller. President Keith Kessen adjourned the meeting at 8:07 A.M.
THE NEXT CHAMBER BUSINESS MEETING WILL ON TUESDAY July 13, 2021 @ 7:30 AM AT THE VILLAGE OFFICES.