MINUTES – March 12, 2019
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at the Village Offices with no guest present.
Trustees Present: Janel Schulte, Keith Selhorst, Brad Niekamp, Jack Schwegman, Jason Wood, Brittany Uhlenhake, Amber Evers, Nathan Burtch, Keith Kessen, Megan Stull, Leah Koesters & Eric Thomas.
President Janel Schulte called the meeting to order at 7:30 a.m.
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst, our largest expense came from the annual Chamber Banquet. Keith did a quick recap on the Chamber Banquet final cost which was $5,292.46 and income from this of $2,534.00. Keith also reviewed the 2019 budget which will be discussed and voted on at the April meeting. The reports were motioned for approval by Jack Schwegman and seconded by Leah Koesters. Motion
- Checking Balance – $31,345.41
- Gift Certificate Balance – $14,157.54
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the January meeting were provided prior to the meeting date by Secretary Kylie Lange and presented by President Janel Schulte. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion by Amber Evers and seconded by Brittany Uhlenhake. Motion carried.
. Committee Reports
- Sign-up for Committees – Committees were reviewed with a sign-up sheet being passed around for these. Discussion was held on the duties of each
- Website/Social Media – Leah Koesters will take over the Charlie at the Chamber, Chamber Chatter, Website Committee and be added to the Admin of Facebook
- Quarterly “Charlie Chats” – A new committee was discussed to put together quarterly sessions for learning opportunities for local businesses. Quarterly “Charlie Chats” will be held with various speakers at local businesses to give Chamber Members an opportunity to learn about different ways to help their business succeed. Topics, locations, and best times to hold these will be discussed in the near
- “Mini Experience” – Amber Evers is looking into details of a possible event for Chamber Members to host “Mini Experiences” where local businesses can share with the public who they are, as well as, services and products their business can provide. This will be discussed more in the future, once details are
- Chamber Banquet – The annual chamber banquet went Some discussion was held on price to charge for this, free drink vouchers, and proceeds from wine sales. For next year’s banquet, we will need to keep wine sales separate from regular bar sales since the Chamber purchases the wine for this. More discussion will be held on the ticket and drinks for the 2020 banquet, as it approaches.
- McDonald’s – McDonald’s has stated interest in being a part of the Taste of the Town event for this coming year and has also expressed an interest in being more involved in Janel will pass along contact information to Amber for the Taste of the Town.
- Business Directory – New Chamber business directories have been printed and will be going out in the mail from the Village Office
- New Officers – Keith Kessen agreed to fulfill the Secretary position for his term on the Chamber.
- Trustee Info – Contact information was gathered for all new
- Shirts – It was agreed to purchase Chamber shirts for all new Chamber Trustees. Janel will work on purchasing the same shirts as last year for new
- Business After Hours Event – Pla-Mor Lanes has expressed an interest in hosting an After Hours Event at their business. It was discussed that this may potentially be a possible location for a Quarterly Charlie
Jason Wood motioned to adjourn the meeting and this was seconded by Jack Schwegman. President Janel Schulte adjourned the meeting at 8:00 AM.
Save the Dates:
Taste of the Town – June 4th, 2019
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON APRIL 9, 2019 AT 7:30 AM. AT THE COLDWATER VILLAGE OFFICES.