MINUTES – March 10th, 2020
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at the Village Offices.
Trustees Present: Brad Niekamp, Keith Kessen, Lindsey Meyer, Keith Selhorst, Leah Koesters, Jason Wood, Scott Gels, Ryan Douglas, Megan Stull, Jack Schwegman, Nathan Burtch, & Eric Thomas
President Brad Niekamp called the meeting to order at 7:30 A.M.
Guests: Maury Cron and Stan Lefeld of the Kiwanas Club presented an idea called the Agriculture and Industry Heritage Center. A museum of sort showing antique farm machinery manufactured by the previous New Idea. The Center would also display historic items to preserve the historic value of the community. Maury and Stan suggested possibly to send out a survey to Chamber business members to see if there is any interest within the community to make this vision a reality.
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst. Keith S. reviewed the January 2020 and February 2020 Income and Expenses. January income was $6,031.73. January Expenses were $444.50. February income was $2,210.52. February expenses were $1,924.15. The reports were motioned for approval by Jason Wood and seconded by Jack Schwegman. Motion carried.
o Checking Balance – $29,912.16 for January and $30,198.52 for February
o Gift Certificate Balance – $14,872.54 for January and $14,297.54 for February
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the January meeting were provided prior to the meeting by former Secretary Keith Kessen and reviewed by the Chamber trustee members. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion to approve by Nathan Burtch and seconded by Leah Koesters. Motion carried.
Brad to send info via email to Chamber trustees to sign up for the below committees.
- Membership- Committee members will be in charge of approaching new members, deliver plaques, send out info to members.
- Website/Social Media – Leah to continue this, but always let her know if you want anything posted.
- Taste of The Town- Event on June 9th Committee in charge of contacting venders, drink setup, and assisting vendors.
- Lemonade Stand- (At Picnic) Committee will be in charge of setting lemonade stand schedule, making lemonade, and contacting picnic committee if any ingredients get low.
- Parade- If there is any interest this year, committee will be in charge of creating a float for the parade and decide on what to pass out if anything.
- Hometown Christmas- Committee members to be in charge of organizing Santa entrance, Christmas Passports, ponies, train ride, and advertising.
- Banquet- Committee members to be in charge of sending invites to Chamber businesses, get food ordered, and get awards printed among other items.
- Christmas Lights- New committee to decide on what to buy and the total cost associated. Also will need to decide if we will reach out to business sponsors.
- Banquet Wrap-Up- Chamber trustees got positive feedback and had a decent turnout considering the winter weather. Keith S. mentioned to possibly bump the cost of tickets up by $5 to help cover the cost of expenses.
- Where’s Charlie- The Charlie plaque has been going to various businesses and will head to Rooster Joe’s next. Their will be a $100 drawing at the end of the year in December along with monthly $25 drawings.
- Elect new Secretary- Lindsey Meyer accepted the position as secretary for the 2020 year.
- Elect Website/ Social Media Position: Leah Koesters accepted to keep the Social Media position.
- Dropbox Account– If any Trustees need Dropbox account info, contact Brad N, or Keith K and they can provide you info.
- Shirts– Brad will need to know shirt sizes for new Chamber shirts. He will email the sign up form for Committees and in this email, let Brad N. know your shirt size.
- Budget– Keith S. discussed the 2020 budget and provided that the Chamber has $24,324.93 available cash balance at the beginning of the year, and based on current budget, will have $19,219.93 available cash balance at the end of the year. One thing the Chamber trustees will need to discuss further is the Christmas banners and what to budget for this.
- Coldwater After Prom– The Chamber Trustees discussed donating $150.00 to the Coldwater After Prom like the past years. Jack S. motioned to approve the donation, and was seconded by Scott G.
Jason Wood motioned to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Jack Schwegman.
President Brad Niekamp adjourned the meeting at 8:35 A.M.
Save the Dates:
2020 Taste of the Town- June 9th, 2020
THE NEXT CHAMBER BUSINESS MEETING WILL ON TUESDAY APRIL 14TH , 2020 @ 7:30 AM AT THE VILLAGE OFFICES.