MINUTES – May 15th, 2018
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, May 15th, 2018 at the Village Offices with no guest present.
Trustees Present: Liz Wenning, Janel Schulte, Kylie Lange, Keith Selhorst, Amber Evers, Brittany Uhlenhake, Mindy Schwieterman, Sher Stahl, Jack Schwegman, Nathan Burtch, Brad Niekamp, and & Eric Thomas.
President Liz Wenning called the meeting to order at 7:29 a.m.
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst, where he reviewed the April treasurer’s report. A few dues and a Taste of the Town Registrations was our main income for April. Our main expense was the website expense.
The reports were motioned for approval by Mindy Schwieterman and seconded by Sher Stahl. Motion carried.
- Checking Balance – $24,904.22
- Gift Certificate Balance – $14,175.04
Past Due Members – Keith reported that he reached out to 5 local past due members. A paper invoice was also mailed to them with no reply. These members will be removed from active membership, motion for approval by Mindy Schwieterman and seconded by Amber Evers. Motion carried.
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the April meeting were provided prior to the meeting date and handed out by Secretary, Kylie Lange. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion by Brittany Uhlenhake and seconded by Amber Evers. Motion carried.
. Committee Reports
- Website/Social Media – Brad Niekamp reported that nothing new was to present. He has a few items he is going to be sharing soon. Reported if anyone has an event they would like shared to get with him or send him the link. A local business will be having a ribbon cutting ceremony, they will create the event and we will help advertise it.
- Taste of the Town – The date is set for June 5th, 2018. Sher Stahl is the chair for this event with Amber Evers being the co-chair. They are currently waiting for the vendors to send in their menus and should have them by the end of the week. The opening ceremony for the new amphitheater will begin around 6 PM with the High School Band & Choir followed by Empty Tank performing from 7 PM – 10 PM. A 50/50 will be held this year with the winning ticket being pulled at 9 PM. The trustees all agreed to donate the 50/50 donation to the “A Park 4 All Abilities Fund. Tickets will only be sold underneath the tent, people won’t be going around selling to tables.
- Coldwater Parade – the Parade registration was received. Enough trustees are willing to walk in the parade again this year, so Kylie will fill out the registration card. Kylie has also contacted Kenn-Feld Group regarding borrowing a John Deere gator again this year. Liz is going to think about items that Totally Promotional has to pass out with Chamber logo.
- Shirts – Liz Wenning has received the check for the shirts. She will get the order placed today and have the shirts at the Taste of the Town for everyone.
- RXCut Cards – A discount drug card is available for anyone who works at chamber business. A digital copy of this card can be downloaded from www.rxcut.com/coldwater. This card is not accepted at Schwieterman’s Pharmacy in Coldwater. We will still advertise for chamber member employees to use outside of Schwieterman’s.
- Leadership Class – Mindy Schwieterman and Amber Evers are 2 trustees who would like to attend, pending approval from Mercer County/Celina Chamber. Liz is going to reach out to them again to see if the spots are still available.
- Circus – Kylie reported that the circus is coming to Coldwater on Monday, May 28th. As we have done in years past, we will supply the workers with breakfast items. Kylie has reached out to Steve Adams at Chief’s and has placed an order for items. Kylie has also talked to Darin at ICS and they will be donating the coffee again this year. They are not open on Monday (Memorial Day) so she will pick up the burners and coffee on the Friday before. Trustee’s willing to help make the coffee and serve the breakfast are asked to be at the Depot at 7:45 AM.
- WSU-Lake Campus Leadership Certificate – Wright State University Lake campus will be offering a set of classes at their facility. The Chamber is going to help advertise for it but won’t be sending anyone at this time.
Sher Stahl motioned to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Mindy Schwieterman. President Liz Wenning adjourned the meeting at 7:55 AM.
Save the Dates:
Taste Of The Town – June 5th, 2018
Hometown Christmas – November 18th, 2018
Chamber Banquet – February 13th, 2019
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON JUNE 12TH, 2018 AT 7:30 AM AT THE VILLAGE OFFICES.