MINUTES – November 9th, 2016
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Wednesday, November 9th, 2016 at the Village Offices.
Trustees Present: Beth Butler, Angie Lefeld, Keith Selhorst, Mindy Schwieterman, Kerri Lauber, Sher Stahl, Kylie Lange, Andy Kremer, Jason Wood, Liz Wenning, and Eric Thomas.
President Beth Butler called the meeting to order at 7:32 a.m.
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst and was motioned by Jason Wood and seconded by Andy Kremer. Motion carried.
- Checking Balance – $26,344.13
- Gift Certificate Balance – $10,722.54
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the October trustee meeting provided prior to the meeting date and handed out by Secretary, Liz Wenning. The meeting minutes were approved with an addendum to the gift basket drawing from December 8th to December 18th, with a motion by Kerri Lauber and seconded by Mindy Schwieterman.
- Membership- Janel Schulte is interested in joining next year. There will be four outgoing positions on the chamber with Beth Butler, Bob Hibner, Andy Kremer, and Jason Wood’s terms ending.
- Hometown Christmas- The Santa house is up and will be decorated by the chamber the week of Hometown Christmas. Eric Thomas will coordinate the roads being closed for the pony rides and any small tents that will need to be set up. There will be a barrel to collect any canned goods that are donated that day. Industrial holiday lights were purchased last year in hopes that they would last longer than traditional lights. The chamber will meet to assemble gift baskets that will be given to the winners of the Hometown Christmas Drawing
- Banquet- The American Legion Hall has been reserved for 2/15/2017. The recommendations for award winners will be sent to area businesses prior to the end of the 2016-year allowing the chamber time to vote on winners.
- Website/By-laws- Ongoing discussion of compensation for the position of social media coordinator on the chamber due to the amount of work that is put in. The Board agreed to look into addendum the bylaws to include compensation to Becca for social media.
- Ohio Business Week – Info was distributed to Vice President Angie Lefeld.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:00 am with a motion from Kylie Lange, seconded by Kerri Lauber.
Save the Dates:
Hometown Christmas – Sunday November 20th
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON TUESDAY DECEMBER 13TH, 2016 A THE VILLAGE OFFICES AT 7:30 AM.