MINUTES – November 14th, 2017
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, November 14th, 2017 at the Village Offices with Jenny Brandon & Charmaine Bettinger and Ralph & Janet Gels as guest.
Trustees Present: Angie Lefeld, Liz Wenning, Kylie Lange, Keith Selhorst, Mindy Schwieterman, Kerri Lauber, Sher Stahl, Becca Wenning, Brittany Uhlenhake, Kim Rammel, Janel Schulte, and Eric Thomas.
President Angie Lefeld called the meeting to order at 7:35 a.m.
Introduction of Guests
Jenny Brandon & Charmaine Bettinger presented a project they are working on called “Park 4 All Abilities”. They are trying to raise $450,000 over the next 3 years to be able to build 3 different play areas in Coldwater Memorial Park for children with disabilities to be able to play on with their family and friends. The special needs children can go to the park and watch their friends & family play but their goal is to allow these children to have equipment that they can all play on together. Jenny has traveled to Wisconsin & Dublin, Ohio to view other parks that have this equipment. They are asking the Coldwater Chamber to help promote and get the word out about this project’s funding. Once letters are mailed out to the residents & business with a 45828 zip code, Becca is going to send an email regarding the project and also post on social media.
Ralph & Janet Gels informed the chamber of their goal to get every business in Coldwater to have their picture taken with the “Coldwater Buggy”. They presented the pictures they currently have and wanted a picture taken with the Coldwater Chamber Trustees. They currently have 160 pictures and Becca is going to put together a video to show at the Banquet in February.
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst. The main income we had this month was the sponsorship of Hometown Christmas. The main expense this month was the business maps & Hometown Christmas advertising. The reports were motioned for approval by Mindy Schwieterman and seconded by Kim Rammel. Motion carried.
- Checking Balance – $24,540.05
- Gift Certificate Balance – $12,115.97
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the October meeting were provided prior to the meeting date and handed out by Secretary, Kylie Lange. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion by Sher Stahl and seconded by Janel Schulte. Motion carried.
- Membership – No new members at this time, Angie & Liz are still working on taking some new members pictures.
- Website – Once Hometown Christmas is complete, Becca will start spotlighting the recently new members of the chamber.
- Banquet – The date is planned for February 21st, 2018. Angie has contacted Marcia Homan at the American Legion to reserve the date.
- Hometown Christmas – Hometown Christmas is on Sunday, November 19th from 11:30 am – 3:30pm. Keith has lined up for Stage Right to set up the sound system for the day. Found out our singer from 12-1 is no longer able to do it, Kylie Lange contacted Emily Geier and she can sing on Sunday. Keith Selhorst was going to figure out this week where we can drop/pickup people from the mall. The train will drop/pickup people in front of Mr. Shoppe downtown.
Kerri Lauber motioned to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Kim Rammel. President Angie Lefeld adjourned the meeting at 8:27 AM.
Save the Dates:
Hometown Christmas – November 19th, 2017
Chamber Banquet – February 21st, 2018
Taste Of The Town – June 5th, 2018
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON TUESDAY, DECEMBER 12TH AT 7:30 AM AT THE VILLAGE OFFICES.