MINUTES – October 9th, 2018
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, October 9th, 2018 at the Village Offices with Sharon Green from Mercer County Council on Aging as our guest.
Trustees Present: Elizabeth Wenning, Janel Schulte, Kylie Lange, Keith Selhorst, Mindy Schwieterman, Brad Niekamp, Jack Schwegman, Jason Wood, Brittany Uhlenhake, Nathan Burtch & Eric Thomas.
President Liz Wenning called the meeting to order at 7:29 a.m.
Introduction of Guest
Sharon Green from Mercer County Department on Aging informed the trustees that there would be a levy renewal this coming election. She shared with the chamber trustees what the department does for the county so that at election time the trustees would have more information regarding their voting decisions. The Coldwater Chamber does not support political parties/decisions.
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst, not much activity this month, just a few Hometown Christmas registrations. The reports were motioned for approval by Brad Neikamp and seconded by Jason Wood. Motion carried.
- Checking Balance – $23,995.98
- Gift Certificate Balance – $13,125.04
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the September meeting were provided prior to the meeting date and handed out by Secretary, Kylie Lange. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion by Brad Niekamp and seconded by Mindy Schwieterman. Motion carried.
. Committee Reports
- Website – Brad worked with Rebecca Wenning to get Hometown Christmas information published on Facebook and website.
- Hometown Christmas – Event will be held on Sunday, November 18th. Keith confirmed he has the ponies and train reserved. Decided that this year instead of lining up the band or someone to sing that we would just play music across downtown speakers. Train pick and drop off will now be on Market Street at the CA Building where they will offer coffee, hot chocolate and cookies, this will hopefully keep traffic flowing better on Main street. Liz is going to work with Totally Promotional about putting a banner up to direct people to the new train pick up area. It was decided that Santa Clause would arrive by Fire Truck at 1:30 pm at the Santa House. Keith has confirmed with Brent Forsthoefel and the fire department they will bring Santa on a Fire Truck.
- Santa House/Tree Decoration – Liz Wenning presented updating the decorations inside and outside the Santa House this year. Jason Wood is going to get her in contact with High School Teachers about possibly helping to design something. Liz is going to contact the Coldwater preschools about creating decorations for the trees outside. Keith Selhorst will order the trees the end of October that sit outside of the Santa House.
- Banquet – Event will be held on February 13th, 2019. Kylie has contacted Marcia Homan and the date is reserved at the American Legion. Kylie has started working with Mercer Color to get changes made on invites and programs. Liz Wenning has confirmed with Romer’s & Calico that they have the date reserved for a meal and desserts. Romer’s will need final head count 2 weeks before the event on number attending. Only thing needed at this time is a deposit sent to Romers Catering which Liz reviewed with Keith.
- Coldwater Robotics Sponsorship – Jason Wood is going to have the students present next month at our meeting regarding their program and how the use the sponsorship money.
- WSU Lake Campus Welcome Back Package – After Kip Wright made his presentation it was decided that we would form a committee to start discussing information and ideas that could be offered to the students. The students will return to campus on Monday, January 7th from Winter break. Brad, Liz and Eric will begin working on a flyer or letter to local businesses.
- Chamber Email – Liz brought up how she thought it would be a good idea to create a joint email account where all the Charlie emails would forward to so that anyone could check the emails. The president would be responsible for checking it daily, but anyone would have access to the emails if needed.
- 2019 Trustees – It was brought up that 4 of the current trustee’s would be done with their term this coming February. Liz also brought up the idea of each committee creating a sheet of what the committee’s responsibilities all are. That way when new trustees are brought on each year they have an idea what is expected of them.
Mindy Schwieterman motioned to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Brittany Uhlenhake. President Liz Wenning adjourned the meeting at 8:08 AM.
Save the Dates:
Hometown Christmas – November 18th, 2018
Chamber Banquet – February 13th, 2019
Taste of the Town – June 4th, 2019
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON NOVEMBER 13TH, 2018 AT 7:30 AM AT THE VILLAGE OFFICES.