MINUTES – October 13th, 2020
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at the Village Offices.
Trustees Present: Brad Niekamp, Keith Kessen, Keith Selhorst, Leah Koesters, Jason Wood, Nathan Burtch, & Eric Thomas
President Brad Niekamp called the meeting to order at 7:30 A.M.
Guests: No guests present
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst. Keith S. reviewed the September 2020 Income and Expenses. September income was $242.71. September Expenses were $388.40. reports were motioned for approval by Jason Wood and seconded by Keith Kessen. Motion carried.
- Checking Balance – $25,544.55 for September
- Gift Certificate Balance – $16,182.54 for September
- Secretary’s Report- N/A.
- Welcome new member Clearwater Systems. Ribbon cutting will be Friday October 16th at 1PM. All Chamber members are welcome to attend.
- Winans contacted the Chamber about potentially becoming a member. Brad will check into if they are still interested.
- Website/Social Media
- Leah will post information about Merry & Bright Lights on the next Chamber Chatter.
- Where’s Charlie
- Where’s Charlie will be suspended until Spring due to lack of participation. The Winners will be contacted, and prizes awarded.
- Hometown Christmas- November 22, 2020
- Give-Aways- Chamber Business Stores who participate will be able to have chamber giveaways at 1 per store. Participation will be free. Brad said he will email the stores more information. Deadline will be 1st of November.
- Drive-Thru Santa event will be at the Holy Trinity Church parking lot on November 22,2020. BGCC will hand out bagged candy to the kids. Holy Trinity said they will have Christmas Carolers. Also, a live reindeer will be there.
- Merry & Bright Lights at the Mercer County Fairgrounds
- The Chamber approved $500 for a banner at the Christmas lights display at the Mercer County Fairgrounds. Chamber business members will have the opportunity to pay $40 to have their business name on the banner. This gives chamber members recognition and advertising.
- 2021 Banquet
- Chamber began discussion about possible options for this whether it be done virtually or in person. No decision was made. The Chamber to look into this more at the next few meetings.
- 2021 Award Nominations
- Will discuss further at future meetings.
- 2021 New Trustees
- Brad mentioned to begin thinking about your replacements if it is your last year. Further discussion will be completed at the next meeting.
- New Christmas Lights (On Hold)
- Previous discussions about purchasing Christmas lights for the downtown areas are on hold due to Covid.
Jason Wood motioned to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Leah Koesters.
President Brad Niekamp adjourned the meeting at 8:09 A.M.
Save the Dates:
2020 Hometown Christmas- November 22nd, 2020
THE NEXT CHAMBER BUSINESS MEETING WILL ON TUESDAY NOVEMBER 10TH , 2020 @ 7:30 AM AT THE VILLAGE OFFICES.