2016 Annual Banquet HonoreesHeld at the Coldwater American Legion on February 17, 2016
Congratulations to ALL of our very hardworking, deserving winners at the Coldwater Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet!
The Coldwater American Legion Post #470 graciously hosted Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet on February 17th, 2016. The meal was deliciously prepared by Romer’s Catering.
The meeting was called to order by Chris Buschur, President, with the following trustees present: Beth Butler, Shanna Barns, Keith Selhorst, Barb Delzeith, Bob Hibner, Mandy Kremer, Jason Wood, Becca Wenning, and Kerri Lauber. Also present was Eric Thomas, Village Manager. Over 170 people attended the 2016 Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce banquet and meeting.
The evening began with a cocktail and social hour. At 6:37p.m., Chris Buschur gave a short opening with acknowledgments to Calico Café and Mary Heinrichs for donating the desserts, and Romer’s Catering and American Legion for hosting the evening’s event. Buschur also recognized special guests in attendance, including Mayor Joe Knapschaefer and his wife Lynn, the Mercer County Commissioners Rick Buschur, Greg Homan, and Jerry Laffin, Mercer County Economic Director Jared Ebbing, and Matt Huffman whom is currently running for the Senate. After concluding these recognitions, Buschur introduced Rev. Allen Brown of Coldwater Methodist Church, who gave the invocation. A dinner was followed by the business meeting.
The Co- Businesses of the Year: Rays Refrigeration (70 years of business) and Home Service Station (100 years of business)
Citizen of the Year: Tonya Huber- Mercer County House of Hope
Community Improvement Award: Eric Goodwin and Coldwater Athletic Boosters along with the community who donated and developed the CPAC – Cavalier Pride Athletic Complex.
Volunteer of the Year: Mindy Kremer of Mercer Health.
Other highlights of the evening were:
1) 3rd AnnualTaste of the Town was a wonderful event with beautiful weather. Buschur acknowledged The Village of Coldwater and Imperial Tent for their assistance with the event.
2) Highlighted the annual Community Picnic activities including Lemonade Stand, Side Walk Sales Booth, and parade entry.
3) The continued growth with the annual Christmas activities with the Coldwater Hometown Christmas. The activities with the event were well attended.
4) Provided a website update with Charlie at the Chamber and the continued efforts for members to become more active with the website for 2016. Members were asked to simply click on Charlie on the website and email him any questions that they may have or updates that they would like to provide.
5) Buschur concluded her review with a personal thank you for the support and dedication for the last three years of her term with the Chamber.
President Chris Buschur welcomed a few organizations for 2015 as Special Presentations to provide an update on their progress and success for the year.
Special Presentations Included – you may view the presentations by clicking the linked text:
CPAC Building Project Presentation: Eric Goodwin and Charmaine Bettinger
House of Hope Presentation: Tonya Huber and Bruce Swonger
Mercer Health Presentation: Mindy Kremer
Tree Commission Presentation: Eric Thomas and Alex Uhlenhake
Community Improvement Award | CPAC | Cavalier Pride Athletic Complex
The Community Improvement Award was given to the Coldwater Schools and the Coldwater Athletic Boosters for their efforts in constructing the newly opened Cavalier Pride Athletic Complex, or CPAC. Nearly 1 million dollars was raised by private donations to make this concept become a reality.
Volunteer of the Year was awarded to Mindy Kremer of Mercer Health for her efforts with the Kiwanis, Coldwater Chamber of Commerce, and her dedication to the community.
Mindy also gave a presentation about the exciting hospital expansion campaign called Building on a Promise. Learn more by visiting their website.