MINUTES – September 12th, 2017
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, September 12th, 2017 at the Village Offices with no guest.
Trustees Present: Angie Lefeld, Kylie Lange, Liz Wenning, Keith Selhorst, Kerri Lauber, Sher Stahl, Becca Wenning, Jason Wood, Brittany Uhlenhake, Janel Schulte, and Eric Thomas.
President Angie Lefeld called the meeting to order at 7:32 a.m.
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst. There was little activity this past month. The reports were motioned for approval by Sher Stahl and seconded by Janel Schulte. Motion carried.
- Checking Balance – $25,338.97
- Gift Certificate Balance – $11,360.97
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the August meeting were provided prior to the meeting date and handed out by Secretary, Kylie Lange. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion by Becca Wenning and seconded by Jason Wood. Motion carried.
- Membership – We have 4 new members this past month, that Liz & Angie will get plaques to and pictures with. Randall Bearing, Simply Natural Aromatherapy, St. Anthony Dinner Theater and Elevate Fitness & Wellness.
- Social Media – We are going to start introducing new members once they join by doing a “spotlight”. This is open to all members who would like to be featured. We tried last year to do a member spot light but only got responses back from 4 of our members. They can email Charlie if they would like to be featured in the spotlight. Becca also has all the meeting minutes and profiles of members up to date on our website. Becca is trying to send out emails with member information but needs the information to send out. Any information should be sent to, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Banquet – The date is planned for February 21st, 2018. Angie has contacted Marcia Homan at the American Legion to reserve the date. She is going to contact Romer’s Catering to reserve for catering and Calico to reserve them for dessert again.
- Hometown Christmas – Keith Selhorst reported that the train and the ponies have been booked for this year’s Hometown Christmas on Sunday, November 19th. Keith is going to send letters to members this week to see if they want to participate and contribute for this year’s Hometown Christmas. Liz Wenning was going to contact someone to sing Christmas music, we agreed to give them a Chamber Gift Certificate for their time.
- Leadership Class – Becca Wenning and Sher Stahl both will not be able to attend this year due to work conflicts. They are going to save us 2 spots for next year.
- Youth in Action – Becca Wenning was going to send an email to the members to nominate a high school student for this award.
- Coldwater Middle School Robotics – Becca Wenning represented the FTC (FIRST Tech Challenge Coldwater Jr/Sr High) asking for a donation to help fund this group. This is a Coldwater School Sponsored Group (School Board approved). It consists of 11 students in 8th & 9th grades. The FTC teams are challenged to design, build, program and operate robots to complete head to head in alliance settings. Students/Teachers/Parents are putting in extra time before and after school to help develop this team. It was decided (Becca Wenning & Jason Wood decided not to vote) that with the way technology is advancing for the future of the local Coldwater children we would sponsor this group with an Apprentice Sponsor of $250. The contribution was motioned for approval by Kerri Lauber and seconded by Sher Stahl. Motion carried.
President Angie Lefeld adjourned the meeting at 7:54 AM. The motion to end the meeting was approved by Brittany Albers and seconded by Jason Wood.
Save the Dates:
Hometown Christmas – November 19th, 2017
Chamber Banquet – February 21st, 2018
Taste Of The Town – June 5th, 2018
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON TUESDAY, OCTOBER 10TH AT 7:30 AM AT THE VILLAGE OFFICES.