MINUTES – September 11th, 2018
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, September 11th, 2018 at the Village Offices with Kip Wright from Wright State Lake Campus as our guest.
Trustees Present: Elizabeth Wenning, Janel Schulte, Kylie Lange, Keith Selhorst, Mindy Schwieterman, Sher Stahl, Brad Niekamp, Jack Schwegman, Brittany Uhlenhake, Nathan Burtch & Eric Thomas.
President Liz Wenning called the meeting to order at 7:31 a.m.
Introduction of Guest
Kip Wright from Wright State Lake Campus informed us that the WSU Lake Campus student enrollment numbers are continuing to grow every year. This year the Mercer County/Celina Area Chamber of Commerce presented the new students with a “Welcome Bag” which contained coupons and other miscellaneous items to the students. This bag allowed students and their families to explorer the Mercer County area. Kip has asked if Coldwater Area Chamber would be interested in putting together a Winter Welcome Back bag. Coldwater Chamber businesses could put coupons, promotional items or job availability information in the bags. This will also help students engage with jobs to local vendors in the area. liZ
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst, not much activity this month.
The reports were motioned for approval by Mindy Schwieterman and seconded by Brad Niekamp. Motion carried.
- Checking Balance – $23,721.04
- Gift Certificate Balance – $13,340.04
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the August meeting were provided prior to the meeting date and handed out by Secretary, Kylie Lange. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion by Nate Burtch and seconded by Mindy Schwieterman. Motion carried.
. Committee Reports
- Website – Brad has worked with Tomorrows Technology Today on why some trustees’ names don’t show up on the website viewed from phones. Only reason they can figure out why is the different browsers people are viewing on.
- Hometown Christmas – Event will be held on Sunday, November 18th. Keith confirmed he has the ponies and train reserved. Decided that this year instead of lining up the band or someone to sing that we would just play music across downtown speakers. Keith informed us that the letters will be going out to businesses next week about offering door prizes. He has also reached out to Becca Wenning about helping change dates and information on the poster. The CA Group will be expanding to Coldwater this fall and would like to offer their building to offer coffee, hot chocolate and cookies. It was decided that we will have the train leave from here, so people can wait inside for the train and will also keep traffic flowing smoothly on Main street. Liz is going to work with Totally Promotional about putting a banner up to direct people to the new train pick up area.
- Banquet – Event will be held on February 13th, 2019. Kylie has contacted Marcia Homan and the date is reserved at the American Legion. Kylie has started working with Mercer Color to get changes made on invites and programs. Liz Wenning has confirmed with Romer’s & Calico that they have the date reserved for a meal and desserts. Romer’s will need final head count 2 weeks before the event on number attending.
- Coldwater Robotics Sponsorship – Liz received an email from Tanner Muhlenkamp about the Coldwater Robotics Sponsorship. They asked to speak to the committee to present what they do and how it benefits their academics. Jason Wood was going to bring the students in as guest this month. Since school was delayed this morning, Liz is going to reach out to Jason about students presenting next month.
- Kip Wright/Wright State Lake Campus – After Kip Wright made his presentation it was decided that we would form a committee to start discussing information and ideas that could be offered to the students. The students will return to campus on Monday, January 7th from Winter break. Brad, Liz and Eric will begin working on a flyer or letter to local businesses.
- Sharon Green – Mercer County Department on Aging – Sharon contacted Keith about possibly presenting to the trustees next month about the levy in the 2018 Election. It was decided that the Chamber is not going to support anything political but if Sharon still wanted to do a short 10 minute presentation to the trustees for their personal beliefs she could.
Brad Niekamp motioned to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Mindy Schwieterman. President Liz Wenning adjourned the meeting at 8:09 AM.
Save the Dates:
Hometown Christmas – November 18th, 2018
Chamber Banquet – February 13th, 2019
Taste of the Town – June 4th, 2019
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON OCTOBER 9TH, 2018 AT 7:30 AM AT THE VILLAGE OFFICES.