MINUTES – January 10th, 2017
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at the Village Offices.
Trustees Present: Beth Butler, Angie Lefeld, Keith Selhorst, Mindy Schwieterman, Kerri Lauber, Kylie Lange, Sher Stahl, Bob Hibner, Becca Wenning, Andy Kremer, Liz Wenning, and Eric Thomas.
President Beth Butler called the meeting to order at 7:32 a.m.
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst. Discussion included noting the chamber was budgeting approximately $4,000 for new Christmas decorations for the town. The current wreaths have been showing signs of wear and tear. We are looking at purchasing banners to hang from the light poles. Treasurer’s report was approved with a motion by Kerri Lauber and seconded by Sher Stahl. Motion carried.
- Checking Balance – $24,140.40
- Gift Certificate Balance – $11,535.97
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the December trustee meeting were provided prior to the meeting date and handed out by Secretary, Liz Wenning. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion by Bob Hibner and seconded by Becca Wenning.
- Website/Social Media- Info regarding the chamber banquet will be posted on the social media sites as well as information regarding new potential trustees.
- Banquet- The American Legion Hall has been reserved for 2/15/2017. Invitations will be sent out this week and the recommendations for award winners will be sent to area businesses with their invitations. The addition of a Youth in Action award to be nominated for this year to help spotlight a local youth who displays commitment to the community through work or volunteerism.
- Taste of the Town- Date has been set for June 6th, 2017.
- Website/By-laws- Discussion on chamber bi-laws and paid employees versus trustees. No revisions needed to bi-laws.
- Additional Meeting – An additional meeting will be held on January 30, 2017 at 7:00 PM to allow the trustees to determine chamber banquet award winners.
Save the Dates:
Chamber Banquet – February 15th, 2017
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON FEBRUARY 15, 2017 AT 7:00 PM. AT THE COLDWATER AMERICAN LEGION POST #470.