MINUTES – October 8th, 2019
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, October 8, 2019 at the Village Offices.
Trustees Present: Janel Schulte, Brad Niekamp, Keith Selhorst, Keith Kessen, Jason Wood, Brittany Uhlenhake, Amber Evers, Megan Stull, Jack Schwegman, Nathan Burtch, Gina Hess & Eric Thomas
President Janel Schulte called the meeting to order at 7:30 A.M.
Guests: No guests present.
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst. Keith S. reviewed the September 2019 Income and Expenses. September income was $347.18 Expenses were $18.00 The reports were motioned for approval by Jason Wood and seconded by Brittany Uhlenhake. Motion carried.
o Checking Balance – $26,222.62
o Gift Certificate Balance – $13,672.54
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the September meeting were provided prior to the meeting by Secretary Keith Kessen and reviewed by the Chamber trustee members. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion to approve by Jack Schwegman and seconded by Jason Wood. Motion carried.
- Membership- One new member- WCSM Radio
- Website/Social Media – Leah to continue to work on website/ social media.
- No old business reviewed.
- Where’s Charlie– Nothing new here. This will begin in January after Christmas. Brad will compile an informative flier to bring to businesses and discuss this event with interested parties.
- Hometown Christmas – Changed to November 24th, 2019. Businesses are showing interest in the Christmas passports. Roughly 15 businesses have shown interest. Sponsorship forms have been sent out to Chamber member businesses. So far, the Chamber received 4 paid sponsorships.
- Chamber 2020 banquet– This years’ banquet will be held on February 12, 2020 at American Legion. Janel will work on getting the Banquet committee together.
- McDonalds Grand Opening- McDonalds has invited Chamber Trustee members for the Grand Opening. The Grand Opening is October 22, 2019 at 5:30 P.M.
Jack Schwegman motioned to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Gina Hess.
President Janel Schulte adjourned the meeting at 7:41. A.M.
Save the Dates:
HOMETOWN CHRISTMAS: NOVEMBER 24, 2019
CHAMBER BANQUET: FEBRUARY 12, 2020
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON November 12, 2019 AT 7:30 AM. AT THE COLDWATER VILLAGE OFFICES.