MINUTES – September 10th , 2019
The Coldwater Area Chamber of Commerce held its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at the Village Offices.
Trustees Present: Janel Schulte, Brad Niekamp, Keith Selhorst, Keith Kessen, Jason Wood, Brittany Uhlenhake, Amber Evers, Nathan Burtch, Gina Hess & Eric Thomas
President Janel Schulte called the meeting to order at 7:30 A.M.
Guests: Emily Schlater with Women in Business – Women in Business provides (2) $1000 grants available to any woman business member who is on the path to success, but needs additional help financially to achieve her vision and reach her goals. You can download the application from the website at www.wibiohio.org. Applications are due September 25, 2019.
- Treasurer’s Report- was presented by Keith Selhorst. Keith S. reviewed the August 2019 Income and Expenses. August income was $209.58 Expenses were $58.00 The reports were motioned for approval by Jason Wood and seconded by Brittany Uhlenhake. Motion carried.
o Checking Balance – $25,893.44
o Gift Certificate Balance – $13,662.54
- Secretary’s Report– the minutes from the August meeting were provided prior to the meeting by Secretary Keith Kessen and reviewed by the Chamber trustee members. The meeting minutes were approved with a motion to approve by Amber Evers and seconded by Gina Hess. Motion carried.
- Membership- One renewal 1. Cellucom Distribution Center, Inc.
- Website/Social Media – Leah to continue to work on Hometown Christmas items via social media/ website.
- Chamber Gift Card List- Keith S. already distributed these to the library and will distribute some to the town hall and Chiefs.
- Where’s Charlie– This will begin in January after Christmas. Brad will compile an informative flier to bring to businesses and discuss this event with interested parties.
- Hometown Christmas – Changed to November 24th, 2019. Chamber to pass out the Christmas Passports in the next upcoming months. The Christmas passports will take the place of the previous gift baskets given out. Sponsorship forms to be updated by Leah, and will be sent out soon.
- Chamber 2020 banquet– This years’ banquet will be held on February 12, 2020 at American Legion.
- Membership List– A business wanted to know if the Chamber has a excel database of all of the Chamber members. Janel made them aware that the Chamber does not give out all contact information so that businesses don’t get solicitated. Most info is located on the Chamber Website if a client wants to get a hold of a Chamber member/ business.
- Mercer Sheriff Citizens Academy. Mercer Sheriffs Dept. thought it may be beneficial if a Chamber Member would sign up and participate in the 2019 Citizens Academy. The students will be provided behind the scenes look at the Sheriff’s Office and how it differs from other law enforcement agencies. The training includes classroom time, hand on demonstrations, and tours of the facility. For more information go to mercercountysheriff.org/2019-citizens-academy.
Nathan Burtch motioned to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Brittany Uhlenhake.
President Janel Schulte adjourned the meeting at 7:44. A.M.
Save the Dates:
HOMETOWN CHRISTMAS: NOVEMBER 24, 2019
CHAMBER BANQUET: FEBRUARY 12, 2020
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON October 8, 2019 AT 7:30 AM. AT THE COLDWATER VILLAGE OFFICES.